Brand Name: TEKATOR®
Generic name: Atorvastatin
TEKATOR® is in the category of “statins”.
TEKATOR® reduces triglycerides in the blood by lowering the levels of “bad” cholesterol (low density lipoprotein or LDL) While “good” cholesterol levels increase (High density lipoprotein or HDL). TEKATOR® is used to treat high cholesterol to reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, or cardiac complications in people with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or other risk factors.
The mechanism of action:
Like the rest of the statins, it acts by inhibiting the HMG COA reductase enzyme in the liver. HMG COA plays a key role in cholesterol biosynthesis.
This drug is rapidly absorbed from the intestinal tract. The absolute bioavailability of the drug is about 12%. The graft of the drug to the protein is very high. This drug has liver and extra-liver metabolism. The half-life of the drug is approximately 14 hours and is mainly excreted through feces.
If you have liver disease, pregnancy and lactation, uncontrolled seizures, large surgery, kidney disease, muscle aches, weakness, thyroid disease, and excessive alcohol consumption, it is not recommended.
The drug should be used with caution in the following cases:
– Endocrine disorders, severe electrolyte or metabolite, decreased blood pressure, acute and severe infection, uncontrolled seizures, major surgery and shock.
– Performing a liver function test (before treatment, at 6th and 12th week of treatment, and then at regular intervals every 6 months) and determining the serum lipid concentration is necessary.
– During pregnancy, the patient should refrain from becoming pregnant.
The side effects of this drug include blurred vision, Muscle disorders such as muscle cramps, Muscular pain, Excessive fatigue, Inflammation and muscle weakness, Nausea, Touch sensitivity, Confusion and drowsiness, Memory problems, Fever, darkening of the urine, influenced organs, Weight Gain, increasing thirst and hunger, Increase urine, etc.
– Concomitant intake with anti-acids reduces drug absorption but it does not affect the reduction of LDL.
– Concomitant use with antifungal agents such as Azole, Cyclosporine, erythromycin and derivatives, Fibric acid, increases the risk of rhabdomyolysis.
– This medicine increases the level of digoxin.
– Diltiazem, macrolides (azithromycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin), nefazodone and verapamil reduce drug metabolism and increase its complications, including muscle aches.
– Fluconazole, itraconazole and ketoconazole increase blood levels of the drug so it is better not to be used simultaneously Or, if necessary, reduce the dose of TEKATOR®.
– The medication increases the blood levels of OCP drugs.
– Concomitant use of grapefruit juice increases blood levels of the drug and its toxicity.
1- If you forget about taking a medication, remember that once, it should be taken unless it’s about the next time you take it, in this case, the next dose should not be doubled.
2- If you suspect you are pregnant, you should be advised to the doctor.
3- You should see your doctor if any muscle aches.
TEKATOR® is available as a pill and is usually taken once a day. Try to take the medicine at a specific hour. Do not use the dosage of the medicine arbitrarily or excessively and use exactly as prescribed
This medicine is available in pills at doses of 10, 20 and 40 mg.
TEKATOR® in the dosage of 10, 20 and 40 mg in the pharmaceutical basket of Pars pharmed company can be presented to the market. Providing all documents related to the manufacture and analysis of this product to the Food and Drug Agency, the license and the export license was issued.